I went to a meeting, this was the lunch we had,
because one of the main reasons we go to things is for the food, right.
{maybe that's just me}
{maybe that's just me}
It was yummy, thank you Jimmy!
We were given lots of information,
but what touched me most was the stories of single moms/dads
but what touched me most was the stories of single moms/dads
who suddenly found themselves for whatever reason in a completely new life.
Put yourself in their shoes for just a moment. There are 45 single parents currently in need.
Put yourself in their shoes for just a moment. There are 45 single parents currently in need.
The LDS Business College VP told us about a sister he had recently met with.
He had told her to apply to LDSBC so she could get a job that would support her and her children, so there could be some stability for her little family. I can imagine that the decisions and sacrifices are hard and many when you are a single parent.
He told us how he hoped this young mom would apply and that he had faith
that the money would be there to pay for her time at school. This Scholarship Program for single parents is named after Elder Dallin H. Oaks mother.
The Stella Harris Oaks Horizons of Hope Scholarship.
The Stella Harris Oaks Horizons of Hope Scholarship.
Here are some of the other bloggers who are also involved.
{I will be sharing their blogs in the next post, such talented and fun women}
I have given and I think you should too. Check it out below.


No comments:
Post a Comment